Sunday, March 13, 2011

21 Weeks and other fun baby things

I've gotten so much accomplished this week to prepare for Luke! We registered, which was pretty daunting considering we have no idea what we are going to need. We went and ordered all of the baby furniture for his room, and we shipped all the bedding fabrics to my mother-in-law who is making the bedding (I am so excited to see how it turns out!). My cousin and go-to-decorating-girl Kim suggested we do a vintage football theme after I texted her a picture of an old wooden painting of a UT/OU game from 1937 that I bought. I loved the idea and have run with it. It's been fun buying old UT football programs to frame and buying accessories that will work in his room for years to come. I think my favorite one so far has been the old intercollegiate football I found in a bin at Canton last week. Here's a sneak peak at some of the furniture we chose.



The furniture is Baby's Dream Legendary in Espresso. We got the crib, a double dresser with a changing table top that can be taken off later and a really large bookcase for all those books we've been collecting. We chose this particular set because we feel like we can use the pieces for years to come.


I can't find a picture of my exact chair (Little Castle - Treasure), but it looks almost exactly the same as the above picture. We chose a recliner since we think it will work better in our 10x10 nursery to not have an ottoman. The only difference between our chair and the one pictured is that the recliner handle is inside the chair cushion for safety. I love this chair because it's super comfy and I think that's important if I'm going to be spending a ton of time in it.

Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: 21 Weeks
Size of baby: 3/4 of a pound, and about the length of a carrot
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 4 lbs. so far
Gender: It's a Boy! Luke Holland Dorsey
Movement: Felt him a little more this week, especially during the day! Haven't felt a strong kick yet; I still feel like I'm on a roller coaster that doesn't stop.
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty good! I wake up once or twice each night.
What I miss: I miss going shopping all day long or being out all day long and not getting tired. I tried to venture out on all-day gigs the past 2 weekends (Canton Trade Days and St. Patrick's Day in Dallas) in a row and it wore me out. I was in bed last night at 7:30 with my feet propped up.
Cravings: Peanut M&Ms.
Symptoms: Just little aches and pains; nothing out of the ordinary!
Best Moment this week: Realizing that I am over half way done with this pregnancy and that in less than 20 weeks, I get to meet my little guy.


1 comments:

Lindsey said...

So exciting! Congratulations on your little boy!


My photo
Hi! I'm Molly. I've been living, working and playing in Dallas since 2005. I love my Jesus, my husband Jon, and my precious sons Luke and Hunter. I have a deep love for Park Cities Baptist Church, Texas Country music, floating the river, backyard barbecues, crawfish boils, decorating, gift wrapping, gift giving, shopping, Etsy, all things monogrammed, cooking, traveling with my friends to great places, being Southern through and through, wine, football season, and the Texas Longhorns. I hope you'll enjoy reading my Letters to Luke.

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy


Letters to Luke
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved