Monday, March 7, 2011

20 Week Update

Hi Y'all!

Well, we've had a crazy turn of events around here. About a week ago, I went in for my 20 week ultrasound and was told that they had make a mistake; I am actually going to have a boy! I had bought so much girl stuff and was getting so excited at the thought of big hair bows and smocked dresses, so I was a little shocked. BUT, I have always wanted a boy, so it was a pleasant surprise. I laughed so hard and Jon just said "I told you to wait to buy anything..." Needless to say, we spent that day returning girl clothes and packing away the things that weren't returnable. Thank goodness I hadn't bought furniture or anything too major!

We are excited to welcome this little boy into the world in less than 20 weeks and I have been having so much fun hunting for cute boy stuff. For all you girl moms out there, believe me, it is a hunt. Boy mamas, leave me a comment as to where you shop; all of you who have little boys and write blogs seem to always have the cutest dressed kiddos.

Beginning this week, I'm going to steal a page out of Kelly's book and start doing a weekly post about my pregnancy. It's more for me than for anyone else because I want to be able to look back on this...

Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: 20 Weeks
Size of baby: 10.5 ounces, about the size of a banana
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 4 lbs. so far
Gender: It's a Boy! Luke Holland Dorsey
Movement: Starting to feel like I'm on a roller coaster that doesn't stop.
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty good! I wake up once or twice each night.
What I miss: Alcohol. I'm being honest here, but this mama likes her wine (and beer and...). It sounds so terrible, but it's true!
Cravings: Peanut M&Ms and cheeseburgers. Healthy, I know.
Symptoms: Just little aches and pains; nothing out of the ordinary!
Best Moment this week: Getting past the halfway mark and finding out the true gender. I've already gotten lots of things monogrammed this week. We also got to pick out all the fabric for Luke's bedding and I've started buying stuff for his room - it's going to be so nice!

And, here's a pic of my 20 week self. I definitely feel like I've gained a whole lot more than 4 pounds!



Have a good week!

Molly

1 comments:

the clark family. said...

You look great!! I'm so in love with little boys, I have told my hubby I wouldn't mind even a little if #2 (in a few years) was a boy too!

Finding cute boy stuff can be difficult, but I think eventually you will kind of hit your stride and know where to go.

Most of Liam's closet is Baby Gap. I go to both the regular store and the outlets. I like the outlets for pajamas especially. We also shop at Janie and Jack and, surprisingly, Target. I love graphic tees, and find my favorites at Target. Old Navy is pretty hit and miss, and so is Gymboree, in my opinion. I feel like sometimes Gymboree's things can be a whole store of cute, but then other times it's all just too cutesy. Also, I feel like Old Navy's things can run a little small. Without a doubt, Gap for jeans. Hands down.

Feel free to email/FB me if you have any questions, I love to help out my fellow boymoms!!


My photo
Hi! I'm Molly. I've been living, working and playing in Dallas since 2005. I love my Jesus, my husband Jon, and my precious sons Luke and Hunter. I have a deep love for Park Cities Baptist Church, Texas Country music, floating the river, backyard barbecues, crawfish boils, decorating, gift wrapping, gift giving, shopping, Etsy, all things monogrammed, cooking, traveling with my friends to great places, being Southern through and through, wine, football season, and the Texas Longhorns. I hope you'll enjoy reading my Letters to Luke.

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy


Letters to Luke
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved