Monday, May 12, 2014

Hunter: 3 Months!



Hunter - you are 3 months old today AND it's Mother's Day! I am the luckiest mom alive to have you and Luke as my sons. You are growing and changing every day and it's so fun to watch you grow and develop and learn new things. 


We haven't been to the doctor this month (thank goodness!). Daddy and I weighed and measured you yesterday, and you weighed 16 pounds and were 25 inches long. You are such a big kiddo! 


You are wearing size 2 diapers and 3-6 month clothes. We are just about done with all of the 3 month clothing now and long gone are any newborn and 0-3 month clothes. How quickly the days fly by. 


You have started sleeping really well. We lay you into your crib between 8 and 8:30 each night after 7 ounces of milk, and you sleep until about 6am. Sometimes you'll wake up at 4 or 5. We have to get up a couple of times a night to put back in your pacifier, but then you stay as content as can be. You'll start to really wail when it's time for your bottle. I'm hoping in the next month or so, we'll get to a 12 hour stretch. 

 

Your development is going great as well. You still haven't rolled over, but I think it's because we swaddle you. You HATE tummy time now, and will just cry and cry until I pick you up and snuggle. You sit in your bumbo unassisted and you love to grab things (like your clothes or my hair!). Daddy gave you Sophie yesterday and you loved it and the squeaking. You are quite the smiler and you will smile and coo and talk to us all the time! It's so sweet and I just love your happy little smiles. 


This past week, you started school. You go from about 8:30-5 Monday through Friday. I thought it would be easier putting you into school since it's my second time around, but no, I sobbed when I got back to my car the first day. I absolutely adore your teachers (Luke had them too!) and I've been told you are so happy all day. But, truth be told, I'd rather have you home with me all day! 


You've done lots of fun things this month. 

  


Easter weekend, we drove to Nana and Papa's in Conroe. Your first road trip! You did so good on the way down there and slept the entire time. You didn't sleep well in the pack-n-play, but I think it would just the change of environment. You met all of mommy's extended family and you were passed around and loved on all day long! We drove back to Dallas that night so that we could go to our church on Easter morning. You did well until Pastor Jeff started praying and then you wailed. So, we sat out in the hall for the sermon. It's ok though - I just got lots of extra snuggles! 


The next weekend, Daddy went out of town, so we filled our weekend with lots of fun. You came with me to the Brookhaven Crawfish Boil, then we spent most of Saturday playing at Aunt Amber's house. Sunday, we went to church and you went to the nursery for the very first time. Of course, you did great! Your friend Katie Beth is in your class and when I came to check on you, you were just sleeping away. That night, we went to Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday party and then welcomed Daddy back home. Mommy and you were both so glad to see him. 


Last weekend, Nana and Papa came into town. We had fun shopping all day, and then we went to the country club and enjoyed the nice weather on the patio. Then, Mommy and Daddy left to go to Austin for a wedding, and you got spoiled by your grandparents. They sent me lots of pictures! It was fun to get away for a day or so but I got back as soon as I could. 


This week has been full of meetings, school, activities and errands. You've been so good, but you're worn out at night! As we get into this new routine of school, I'm excited to see you grow and flourish. These past 3 months have absolutely FLOWN by and although I'm sad the newborn days are over, I'm excited for this next phase in your life. It's so fun to watch you grow. 


I love you, brother bear! 

0 comments:


My photo
Hi! I'm Molly. I've been living, working and playing in Dallas since 2005. I love my Jesus, my husband Jon, and my precious sons Luke and Hunter. I have a deep love for Park Cities Baptist Church, Texas Country music, floating the river, backyard barbecues, crawfish boils, decorating, gift wrapping, gift giving, shopping, Etsy, all things monogrammed, cooking, traveling with my friends to great places, being Southern through and through, wine, football season, and the Texas Longhorns. I hope you'll enjoy reading my Letters to Luke.

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy


Letters to Luke
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved