Sunday, May 13, 2012

To My Son on Mother's Day

My sweet kiddo, today is my first Mother's Day. It's such a special day for me - last year on this day, I was celebrating your upcoming birth with such anticipation, curiosity of who you would be and what you would like and a little bit of anxiety over the huge responsibility I would have in the upcoming months and years. Little did I know how blessed I would be and how special this day would be for me!


Today, I am celebrating so many things. The past 9 1/2 months have been some of the most challenging, crazy and fun times of my life. You are such a spirited, curious, smart, funny and joyful little boy. I thank God every day that he gave me you. Each day is a little better than the last and I love being your mom with every thing in me.


One of my favorite things about being your mom is that you have given me better insight and appreciation into how our much our Father loves us. As much as I love you, He loves me and you so many times more. As much as I want to protect you and do what's best for you, He wants that for you more than I can fathom. When I see you hurting or in pain and I want to do everything I can to make it better, He does that for us. When I tell you no because I know what's best for you and will keep you out of trouble and out of harm's way, I see the parallels there with Christ and how when he tells us no, He knows what's best, even if I don't!


Last night as I rocked you to sleep in the pitch black silence, I talked to Jesus for a long time just thanking Him for you and your precious life. I asked him to help guide me along this path; I asked him to bless you and keep you in the palm of His hand and protect you. I asked him to keep you healthy and guide you along this crazy path we call life. I asked him to keep you safe and finally, I asked him to help me raise you the way He wants me to and that He would help me teach you everything you need to know to be a godly young man. In those silent moments as I stroked your hair and kissed your forehead, I have never been so thankful for anything in my life.


One of the best gifts you have given me as your mom is your unconditional love and need for me. My favorite time of the day is when I pick you up from school and the moment you see me, you get a huge grin on your face and immediately come straight for me and wrap your little hands around my neck. You don't want to let go and the smile doesn't disappear for quite some time. I love when you call out for Ma-ma-ma and when you follow me from room to room just to be near me. I love when we cuddle and when I tickle you and you giggle louder for me than for anyone else. I love that I am your favorite person in the world (other than Daddy, of course).


God willing, as the years pass and we celebrate Mother's Day each year, I want you to remember that I am honored to be your mom and will celebrate your life each day with great thankfulness to our God. I will constantly work to be the best mom to you that I can be and I will pray for you constantly. I love you more than words can describe, Luke. You are my sweet blessing from above!  

1 comments:

Big K Fam said...

Happy Mother's Day Molly! This is the sweetest post!


My photo
Hi! I'm Molly. I've been living, working and playing in Dallas since 2005. I love my Jesus, my husband Jon, and my precious sons Luke and Hunter. I have a deep love for Park Cities Baptist Church, Texas Country music, floating the river, backyard barbecues, crawfish boils, decorating, gift wrapping, gift giving, shopping, Etsy, all things monogrammed, cooking, traveling with my friends to great places, being Southern through and through, wine, football season, and the Texas Longhorns. I hope you'll enjoy reading my Letters to Luke.

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy


Letters to Luke
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved