Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Promises


My sweet Luke - Today is your first Easter!  Today you will hunt eggs, you will get a basket full of treats, and we will all eat some great food. But most importantly, we will celebrate our Risen King!

As you grow up, we will do so many fun things around Easter time. We will dye eggs, go on Easter egg hunts, make bunny cakes, get visits from the Easter bunny who will leave behind special gifts, take pictures with the Easter bunny, spend extra time with our family, and so much more. My hope is though, that while we do all of these fun things, that your daddy and I will teach you to know that Easter means so much more than eggs and candy and bunnies. It's much much more than that!

Easter is one of the very best holidays, Luke! We will spend the Easter season remembering Christ's life, His miracles and ministry, His death on the cross for our sins. We will remember, like we should every day, that He died so that we could have eternal life. But the very best part, Luke, is that on Easter Sunday, we get to celebrate that He rose again! We celebrate that death could not contain Him in the grave! That He was triumphant over our sins and that His sacrifice is what allows us to have the hope and promise of Heaven! It's such a special day for Christians to know that death could not conquer our Lord!

So, this Easter and every Easter to come, I will do my very best as your mom to show you and to teach you about your Savior and everything He did because He loved YOU. While we may have bunnies displayed throughout our home and we may decorate eggs and search for baskets filled with treats, we will concentrate on the most important part of this holiday - the empty grave! We will concentrate on praising the Savior who loved us enough to die for us so that we could be saved. 

I love you, Luke. Happy Easter!

"For God so loved the world that he gave His only Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Molly,

What a beautiful message and witness! You and Jonathan are bringing Luke up to love the Lord and understand the true meaning of the Easter celebration. Thank you!

May God bless you all today.

Love, Mary Ann (Grandma) and Wally (Pappy)


My photo
Hi! I'm Molly. I've been living, working and playing in Dallas since 2005. I love my Jesus, my husband Jon, and my precious sons Luke and Hunter. I have a deep love for Park Cities Baptist Church, Texas Country music, floating the river, backyard barbecues, crawfish boils, decorating, gift wrapping, gift giving, shopping, Etsy, all things monogrammed, cooking, traveling with my friends to great places, being Southern through and through, wine, football season, and the Texas Longhorns. I hope you'll enjoy reading my Letters to Luke.

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy


Letters to Luke
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved