Monday, April 11, 2011

25 Weeks!



I feel like I'm on the downward slope now - the weeks are going by so quickly and we still have so much to do!

This past week was a whirlwind for me. I had so much going on and I am still exhausted from all the activity. Monday I went to the doctor and all is well, except for the fact that I have a stress fracture and tendinitis in my right foot and was put in a boot for who knows how long. It's not so much fun when I'm used to going and doing as I please. I've had to stay home more, not walk around as much, and try not to be on my feet. I can't say that I was successful at that this week, but I didn't do as much shopping or daily errands as I normally would.

Wednesday night, Jon and I went to a Mavs game at the AA Center. I'm a big Rangers fan and Cowboys fan, but had never been to a Mavs game, so that was really fun. The seats were really good and it was a close game. We had to leave early because my foot was bugging me, but it's always fun to get out and do things in Dallas that we don't do every day.

Thursday night, I went to the Dallas Junior League spring social. This is my first year in JL and this event was just for new members and their sponsors. There were so many girls there that went to UT and did the sorority thing and are friends of friends, so it was fun meeting them and just getting to socialize with new people. Everyone I met was pretty close to me in age, so I' feel like I'm joining at the perfect time. I'm really excited about the coming year and making new friends and getting to volunteer in the city I love so much. And, it also helps that I get to do it with one of my very best friends. Some may think I'm crazy since our provisional year starts a couple of weeks after I have Luke, but I'm excited about it.

This weekend, I went to a bachelorette party for my friend Catherine. She is so sweet and we had the best time. Saturday afternoon, we had a cooking competition at the Milestone Culinary Arts Center in Dallas. We thought we were going to be learning how to cook a lot of southern specialties, but turns out it was a Top Chef/Chopped inspired cooking competition. We were split into teams and given 4 secret ingredients and a table full of "free" food and 45 minutes to make a dish. The test kitchens were stocked and we had more than I have at home to work with. There were real judges and tasters, and although my team lost (our salad dressing didn't have enough oil), it was so fun. I would highly recommend it to anyone who's looking to host a party in Dallas. Saturday night was just a nice time relaxing, opening gifts, and hanging out with Cat and her friends. I can't wait until her wedding!

I plan to relax a little this week - although I am very excited about my private lesson to learn how to use my embroidery machine to start putting Luke's name on everything I can get my hands on.

Here's the highlights for this week!

- How Far Along: 25 Weeks
Size of baby: 1.5 pounds and 13.5 inches long! Babycenter compares him to the size of a rutabaga.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Can I stop putting this on here at some point? This morning, it was 12.
Gender: It's a Boy! Luke Holland Dorsey
Movement: I can feel him a lot now! I can always feel him in the morning when I wake up, after I eat lunch, late in the afternoon and then again after dinner. I can feel him kick on the outside too if I keep my hands on my stomach long enough
Sleep: I'm still sleeping pretty good! I'm very thankful for the rest because I know it won't last very much longer.
What I miss: Back to missing wine again. This too shall pass, I know.
Cravings: None this week.
Symptoms: After I talked to the doctor about all the ones I was having, he told me how to treat them and they've disappeared! The only thing bothering me is the boot I'm now sporting. Hopefully that won't be necessary for too much longer.
Best Moment this week: Getting out and about with my friends and just enjoying the last few months before I become a mom.

1 comments:

The Sturgeon Family said...

You look beautiful!! Hope your foot heals quickly.


My photo
Hi! I'm Molly. I've been living, working and playing in Dallas since 2005. I love my Jesus, my husband Jon, and my precious sons Luke and Hunter. I have a deep love for Park Cities Baptist Church, Texas Country music, floating the river, backyard barbecues, crawfish boils, decorating, gift wrapping, gift giving, shopping, Etsy, all things monogrammed, cooking, traveling with my friends to great places, being Southern through and through, wine, football season, and the Texas Longhorns. I hope you'll enjoy reading my Letters to Luke.

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy


Letters to Luke
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved